Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fifteen Books in Fifteen Minutes

My sister tagged me to list 15 books that will always stick with me--but I'm supposed to do it in 15 minutes. I'll give it a try. I'll list them as they come to mind, not in any kind of best-to-worst order.

1. Firmin: the Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife, by Sam Savage
2. A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole
3. A River Runs Through It, by Norman Maclean
4. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, by Peter Matthiessen
5. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, by Ishmael Beah
6. Ghosts of Tsavo, by Philip Caputo
7. Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me, by Richard Farina
8. Dracula, by Bram Stoker
9. Cold Mountain, by Charles Frazier
10. The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
11. The Peaceable Kingdom, by Jan de Hartog
12. The Book of the Hopi, by Frank Waters
13. Black Elk Speaks, by John G. Neihardt
14. Ishi, the Last of His Tribe, by Theodora Krober
15. Karla Faye Tucker Set Free: Life and Faith on Death Row, by Linda Strom

I didn't time it. I think this took me more than fifteen minutes. I recommend all of these.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I thought of Cold Mountain after the fact. That was a good book that I'll always remember.

Joanne Cage said...

I've read 8 of yours and liked them a lot. The others look interesting.

Una

Anonymous said...

Hi! 2, 10, 13 would be on my booklist too!

Thank-you for coming over to The Katillac Shack!
So happy to have you in our group of friends!

Excited to see your scarf too! Thank-you for you kindness!

love, kelee